Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stopping for Rest

I am 21 weeks and 3 days along...and it is getting harder and harder to get things done these days. Everytime I start cleaning, etc...I find myself doubled over with contractions within an hour or so. Then...for the next 12-24 hours I am forced to take a "time out".

There is just SO much to do...and I feel really guilty when 8 o' clock comes, Addyson is in bed...and the only thing I accomplished that day was straightening up the living room. I know just being with my daughter and taking care of her is enough...but on the days she is in school...I find myself overwhelmed with all their is to get done.

My best friend gave birth 6 weeks early...and it sort of put things in perspective. However, it never really hit me until I started getting bigger. I guess once you can physically tell you are pregnant...it makes a difference? I am having to FORCE myself to say..."It can wait."

I am so blessed to have a husband who is as helpful as he is. However, his school schedule is VERY demanding this semester...and he can't do it all. When he does start in on doing things around the house...I feel guilty. I feel as though I should be doing it! He reminds me that I need to be resting so that Annslie comes at the right time and healthy. However, I still beat myself up.

All these things combined with hormones sometimes get me down. I am trying to remind myself that in the grand scheme of things...it doesn't really matter, and in due time I will be back up and running...and HOPEFULLY able to handle 2 kids and the house. A million other women in this world do it...so...I KNOW its possible!

In closing...you should all know...I am on the couch...resting. :) By order of my husband...and a few select friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment