Sunday, September 20, 2009

Getting Ready!

I am officially 22 weeks! :) I am getting more and more excited about meeting our precious baby Annslie Faith!

Our crib and changing table came in...and we picked them up today! I am so excited to get the spare room cleared out so I can get in their and paint our accent wall and get started on setting up the nursery! Leave it to me though to not only have that project to tackle...but ALSO I have decided to paint Addyson's room. We are living in a rental home...and originally thought that we would only be here a couple of years (until Adam graduated)...but it is becoming increasingly evident that we may actually be here another 2 years after he graduates (4 more years!) so that he can get his MBA.

When I was pregnant with Addyson I was TERRIFIED at the thought of having a girl. Don't get me wrong...I love all things girly...but I am NOT a big pink fan. HAHA...little did I know that would change VERY quickly after having a little girl. I am still not huge on decorating with pink though. LOL. So...we are painting an accent wall in Addyson's room pale yellow...and then putting up these VERY cute wall decals that match her bedding that we just bought her. Her bedding came in about a week ago...and its the first time that she had a FULLY matching bedset (since upgrading to the toddler bed!) Her cute little set even has a top sheet...which in all honesty is quite pointless when you have a 2 year old who is all over everywhere at night! In Annslie's room we are painting an accent wall a very very pale dove gray. When I looked for her bedding I wanted something that was different...with a minimal amount of pink in it! I also knew I didn't want to spend over $150 and I wanted to have something that almost looked vintagey...I spent months looking (even before knowing what we were having) and FINALLY found it the week before we were able to announce that we were having a girl. AND...I got a great deal....13 piece bedroom set for $89! WOW! Now...the only thing left to do is buy her wall letters and decorate those...as well as buy the ribbon and clothes pins and decorate those. Ribbon and clothes pins you ask? I found the cutest idea online! You get a thick ribbon and decorate your clothes pins. Attach both sides of the ribbon to where you want them (think clothes line) and then attach pictures to the clothes pins. You can instantly change as she grows! I may change it up a bit...but I LOVE LOVE the basic idea.

I will post pictures as soon as we get in there....believe me I am ready...just wish that the next 2 weekends weren't already planned out!

We are all so ready to meet Miss Annslie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment