Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Irritable Much?

Haha....no I don't mean my moods, although I have been slightly moody. (hehe)

Today my doctor informed me that he is pretty sure that my contractions are due to "irritable uteri". Which basically means...My uterus contracts in a non-distinguishable pattern that doesn't produce any noticeable changes to my cervix. Plus side? The likelihood of it causing preterm labor is only 10%. Negatives? Have to take it easy...and basically just deal with the painful contractions. My doctor told me that IF I were to go into labor now...the chances of our precious Annslie staying with us...is next to zero. NOT AN OPTION! So...despite my stubbornness...I am going to heed his advice...and go on modified bedrest for 1 week. Basically this means that I can get up, go to the shower, go to the restroom, get myself a drink, etc. However, it also means...NO heavy cleaning, no lifting, etc. Okay...I can handle that for one week. I have bronchitis...which is causing severe coughing...which in turn causes my "irritable uteri" to contract. We are hoping that once the bronchitis is cleared up...that the contractions will subside! After one week...I am supposed to just "listen to my body." If I start having contractions...I need to rest...and put my feet up.

The other thing my doctor and I discussed was whether or not Adam and I should even THINK about a 3rd baby. The doctor assured me that he doesn't think it will do anything negative to me or the baby...but he did remind me that the older I get...the harder pregnancy will be...and since I already have difficult pregnancies, I should keep this in mind. He said he definitely does NOT recommend getting pregnant over 30. This was not an issue for Adam or I as I had already made the decision to NOT get pregnant over 30 for various reasons. Adam and I are going to be doing a lot of thinking as to whether or not we will even attempt a 3rd pregnancy...so we will see!

So here we go for a second time! I am bound and determined to let Annslie continue to grow! :) Wish me luck! With a 2 year old...and a full time student for a husband it should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment