Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Searching for Answers

Anyone who knows me...knows I have been struggling with being chronically ill for the better part of the last six years.  I have flip flopped back and forth between having insurance, not having insurance, being able to pay cash, not being able to pay cash.  I have alternated between fleeting moments of feeling great...and feeling horrible the rest of the time.  Most importantly, I have struggled with the frustration of not being a "typical" young adult.  I have struggled with the frustration of seeing doctor after doctor...going over the list of chronic symptoms over and over...only to be told its a "virus" or "depression" without any tests being run... basically being brushed off.

Call me a hypochondriac, call me a "worrier", call me "unhealthy".  Whatever you choose to label me...I am 100% sure something is going on.  Noone should be 116lbs at 5'9" without even trying.  Noone should lose clumps of their hair, noone should have massive bruises that show up without any "trauma".  Noone should have rashes that are spread across their entire chest and abdomen.  Noone should have chronic low-grade fevers, extreme fatigue, nausea, lack of appetite, bone/muscle pain, tremors.

Something is going on...and its starting to make me into a "worrier".  I am desperately searching for answers...but its hard when the people who have them...don't like being asked straight forward questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment