Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Family Fun!

This weekend was SO much fun...I just had to share it with all my blog world friends!

This weekend was the "infamous" Oklahoma State Homecoming!  Stillwater has an enormous amount of Homecoming Festivities...so Adam and I decided that with it being his LAST homecoming as a student...we would take part.  Of course, there was no way we had time, or the energy to take part in everything Stillwater had to offer this weekend...but we did hit a few things.  On Saturday morning we went to the Homecoming Parade.  All I have to say is...the girls were ENAMORED!  We met up with a couple of friends, Daphne & Mat (and their 2 kiddos Carson & Paityn) and also with our friend/neighbor Jendi and her daughter Nilukshi.  One of my friends, Lyndsee, is Mrs. Payne County and will be competing in the Mrs. Oklahoma pageant in January...so of course...my girls HAD to have a picture with her!  After the parade, Adam and I were fortunate enough to be able to attend the BIG game against Nebraska.  Adam's dad came down from Tulsa to give us a MUCH needed break!  The game was so much fun...even though we lost (which is an entirely different story).  THANKS JEFF!!!!

This morning we woke up and met up with Mat & Daphne and their kiddos again, and made a trek out to Perkins Grider Family Farm to go to the Pumpkin Patch.  We spent an hour or so enjoying the 4 acre maze...and came home with 6 Pumpkins!  Addy also just HAD to pet "John" the goat.  (Who by the way...was the CUTEST, SWEETEST thing EVER!).  After the Pumpkin Patch, Adam and I decided to take our girls to lunch at El Mexicano.  At this point...we were already 45 minutes past nap time...and had spent the entire morning wearing the girls out...so we didn't have a very leisurely lunch.  LOL!  Oh well....it was an awesome weekend!

Adam and I plan on making more family outings over the course of our last 7 months here in Oklahoma.  We definitely want the girls to participate in as much fun stuff as Oklahoma has to offer before we move.  Today, I must admit that it hit me that in 7 short months...we won't live here anymore!  This tiny little town has a place in my heart...as it is where I met my husband...and gave birth to my 2 girls!  I am sure we haven't seen the last of Stillwater though!  Adam has family here...and alumni functions we will want to be a part of!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment