Monday, February 22, 2010

Breaking the Habit

I must admit...I have some horrible habits. I bite my finger nails, I sometimes leave my dirty socks in the middle of the bathroom floor, etc. However, the one habit that I have decided I am going to break is my unhealthy lifestyle. You see...I am a smoker and a VERY unhealthy eater! I have been working on the healthy eating...and have definitely noticed a difference in my energy level and over all feeling. I normally get sick VERY easily...and have a hard time not moving from one illness to the next. In the past 8 weeks...aside from feeling exhausted...I have felt better than ever...and I am guessing that has something to do with my decision to begin to eat healthy.

I am about to begin the "quitting smoking" process. For those of you who have never been smokers...let me tell you...there is definitely a PROCESS! There are relapses...withdrawals...etc. I have attempted at quitting many times in my life...without much success. Smoking is my one "stress relievers". I am approaching this with MUCH fear...smoking is almost like a security blanket for me. HOWEVER...I have found something that keeps my hands busy...and relieves a ton of stress...making hairbows for my girls!

I am excited and nervous. I want to get healthy for my girls. I want to be the best mom both inside and out that I can be for them. I am starting on a journey to overall health...physical, spiritual and mental. :) Come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment