Thursday, January 28, 2010

Annslie Faith Jones is Here!

Well, once again I have let this slide, but with VERY good reason!

Annslie Faith arrived on January 6, 2010 at 10:24 am. She weighed 6lbs 7.7 oz and was 18 in long. All in all the labor was very quick. I was admitted to the labor and delivery ward at 5:30 am and had her about 5 hours later. In all actuality, I was in labor the entire evening before. Starting in around 11pm. Adam jokes that he feels bad, because we timed my contractions at around 11, and they were only 5-6 minutes apart. So I told him to go to bed...it was probably another "false alarm". By around 2am they were becoming very intense, and at 4:45 when I timed them they were every 1-2 minutes. So...to the hospital we went.

They really aren't joking that you will know when its real labor! Having now experienced that...I won't have any questions in the future!

Even with all the false alarms that we had (there was one on the 4th of January too!) we were surprised that she actually came as early as she did. She was about 3 weeks early. However, she was very healthy...and we only stayed in the hospital overnight and then came on home.

My mom flew in on the 12th and was able to spend 2 weeks with us! It was really nice having her here...and I am sad she had to leave. Unfortunately she didn't make it in time for the birth...but she was a BIG help while she was here. It would be an understatement to say she was in heaven holding a newborn all day! LOL

Addyson is adjusting fairly well to being a big sister. She is quite jealous of Annslie when Daddy is holding her...but other than that...doing pretty well. She is definitely pushing some boundaries, but we expected that would probably happen!

All in all the family is doing GREAT! Its hard to believe that we are the parents of 2 little girls....and sometimes we just look at each other and ask, "can you believe we have 2 now?" Its been an adjustment...but we are looking forward to what this next phase will bring. Now...if I can only convince my husband that we need one more! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment